Sample Plan of Work Goals
20xx Plan of Work
- Review all new proposed site plans.
- Continue to monitor and comment regarding sites of significant ongoing concern.
- Fine tune, post, and promote new conservation commission website.
- Design and implement conservation newsletter.
- Assemble email distribution/contact list.
- Update and customize commissioner handbook.
- Continue association with RIACC (Rhode Island Association of Conservation Commissions).
- Attend Land & Water Conservation Summit (March).
- Evaluate potential open space acquisitions.
- Develop greenways project.
- Catalog town historical features with images, and promote citizen discovery & input.
- Sponsor tree-planting event.
- Sponsor Earth Day Project.
- Provide public education opportunities, Well Water Workshop, Septic Maintenance etc.
- Visit and inspect town owned land parcels.
- Proposal of new town ordinances (stonewall ordinance, tree ordinance, watershed protection).
- Consider recommending safe alternatives for lawn care around schools.
- Prioritize goals.